Friday, February 29, 2008

What Do I Want?

Have you ever known that there is something in you that isn't good, yet you seem to cling to it and don't work to change or remove it? Every time my life becomes a little disjointed, chaotic or just out-of normal-routine, my focus swiftly changes from what God wants from me to what I want. I want a house that doesn't have a hole in the kitchen floor, I want Randy's undivided attention. I want my children to be respectful in every situation, etc.. None of these are bad things, but they are not the best things to be dwelling on.



Choosing to be close to God and have joy is a deliberate action - one that requires my focus on good days and my very intent focus on not-so-good days. The bottom line is that my days are not supposed to be about my days. My focus is to be on allowing God to work, move, love, and direct. My joy is not found in what I see. My joy is found in what I know. My God loves me! He loves to spend time with me, to talk to me, to direct my path.



I am choosing joy today - even with the chaos around me.



More Things I am Thankful For:

31. I have a mind that loves to learn new things

32. God puts people in my path everyday who bring light and life to me

33. I have the ability to create a safe, loving home for my family

34. Children who love to color and create

35. Mason's wonderful day yesterday

36. Mason's loving foster parents in China

37. I have raised 3 precious, compassionate and loving children who bring me joy everyday

38. I have 3 little ones to pour the love of Christ into daily

39. Our sweet homeschooling group

40. coffee - this one may make the list more that once :0)



Choose to have a day filled with peace and gratitude.

No comments: