Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thankfulness

I love it when God wakes me up long before my alarm and pours into me what I need for the day. I confess that lately my thoughts have been too consumed with countertops and slab leaks. I am blessed beyond measure - what a blessing to sit in the stillness of the morning and dwell on God's goodness. So...no pictures today, just the start of a long list of things I am thankful for.





1. I was once lost in sin and despair, but now I am a new creation in Jesus


2. God sent to me a wonderful, merciful, handsome husband who has loved me for over 30

years


3. Michael - God has given him a calm, compassionate and loving spirit for his family


4. Matt - God has given him laughter, a loving heart, and set his feet firmly in place


5. Missy - God has given her great wisdom and a passionate love for the lost of all nations


6. Mason - God has given him happiness, contentment and set before him a new hope


7. Molly - God uses her to encourage, uplift, and remind everyone of His never-ending love


8. Madelyn - God has placed in her joy, peace, and a heart that will always seek Him


9. He has placed us in a church where His truth is spoken, and where people who are broken
and without hope find light and life.


10. He has given me every good thing that I have in this life. I would have absolutely nothing
of value without His love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Mom! I hope you know how thankful all of us are for you too :)! Have a blessed day! And give everyone a big hug for me! Only 18 days until I get to see you guys (not that I'm keeping track or anything)!

The Stricklands said...

Love you too! We miss you bunches and are also counting the days.
Mom :)