Monday, February 4, 2008

$.50 Dress and $100 Taekwondo





About a month ago I found a precious valentine dress for Madelyn at a consignment store. Because it also came with a Christmas bow, it was on a Christmas rack for $.50! I brought it home to Madelyn and she was in love. She has asked (cried) every day since then to wear it, but I told her she had to wait until January ended. This was the big day! In the pictures she is showing you the beautiful Valentine bow and also showing you how happy she is that her mean mom finally let her wear THE dress.


Molly is showing you how she can smile like a leopard (look closely at the shirt).


Mason is smiling because he finally got to go to his first taekwondo class today. We had held off as long as possible because these classes are soooooo expensive! I could buy 200 valentine dresses every month for what Mason's classes cost. Apparently the high price is to cover all of the wooden boards he is going to break with his bare hands every week.


We should get the final tally on the water damage to the kitchen tomorrow. We spent a very romantic evening a Lowes choosing a new sink and faucet. They are lovely. (I won't even mention the very romantic dinner at Chick-fil-a).


I spent the day unpacking and trying to make the kitchen look normal - quite a trick without cabinets, countertops or plumbing. It was 70 degrees outside today and it is supposed to snow tonight! Missy, your package arrived late this afternoon, and we should be able to fly kites later in the week. You are a sweet sister!




No comments: