I love to be happy - I would love for you to think that I am joyful everyday and that nothing gets me down. But....the reality is that we all have the "inner man" within us that is part of our being from birth. I don't like that guy! I AM grateful for all that God has blessed me with, I DO feel joy when I look at the faces of those I love, I AM content to be at home doing simple things, but.....
Have you noticed that one little thing going wrong can snowball into a real hissy fit? I know everyone is tired of hearing me whine about our home remodel, but I had such a meltdown over it this week. I reached a point where the mess in my home connected with the ugliness in my heart, and it wasn't pretty :0) When I don't choose joy regardless of my situation, My heart begins to harden. I become angry over small things, I become critical of others, I lose my focus on what is really important and ugly selfishness sets in.
Fortunately, I have a Godly husband who loves me dearly even when I am not at my best. He patiently listened to my gripes and concerns and then came up with a plan to help me through these messy days. I watched him deal with an oven "issue" that took much longer than planned with such patience and grace. I saw Randy parent with compassion and true love. I felt the extra hugs and attention he gave to me when I needed it. How I love this guy!
I woke up this morning with a much lighter heart, ready to tackle painting and what ever else the day holds. I know that "inner man" is still there and always will be. How thankful I am for the love and grace that keep him in his place.
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells within me....Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of death? (Romans 7:18-2o, 25)
Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! ...For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death. (Romans 7:25, Romans 8:2)
Have a blessed weekend!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Mom! I just wanted to tell you I love you in case you haven't heard it enough today! Dan and I have been trying to memorize a verse a week and Romans 8:1-2 was what we memorized last week, so I was really excited when I saw that on here :)! I hope you know what a blessing you are to me (and everyone else in our family)! I can't wait to see the house! I know it looks amazing! SEE YOU IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!
I love you bunches and bunches sweet Missy Lou! 6 days and counting!
Mom
Post a Comment