Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Big Five-O!


My sweet Randy is now 50 years old. He spent his "fun" birthday scraping the ceilings in our bathroom and in the atrium - woohoo! The kids and I stayed in our pajamas all day and played. I sewed a baby quilt that I will give as a surprise for a friend's grandbaby, and the little ones pretended to be ogres or "yogurts" as Madelyn calls them. I will be very sad when she pronounces everything correctly.


I just have to laugh when I look around our house. Nearly every room is torn up, there is sheetrock dust everywhere, sawdust on the floors - well, you get the picture. I think we are looking at another loooong 4 weeks of construction before life begins to return to normal. I have decided that I am going to look at the mess as a vacation from normal housecleaning. :0) There isn't much incentive to sweep, mop or dust with things as they are.


Molly and I snuggled in my bed tonight and read together. Isn't she a doll!


No comments: