

A month before we went to China to get Mason in May of 2007, my sweet friends had an adoption shower for us. Mason will not need clothes or toys for a looooong time! The big surprise of the shower was a prayer quilt that my friends secretly made. Everyone made a quilt block and then a couple of VERY sweet friends sewed all of the blocks together. At the shower, people would pray for Mason and our family and tie a knot on the quilt. Each and every little knot represents a prayer that was lifted up for us. It is one of my most treasured possessions.
Tomorrow is a "Sip and See" for the new grandson of one of my dearest friends, so this weekend I made a prayer quilt for little Bradley. I hope this quilt brings him as much joy as Mason's has to me. In good times and bad, having friends who will pray with you and for you are such huge blessings.
2 comments:
what a sweet idea.
Mary,
How sweet! Bradley loves his quilt and so do his mommy and mimi. I am so blessed to have such a precious friend that loves me and prays with me and for me and my family.
I love you dearly
Kristie
Post a Comment