Monday, July 28, 2008

We've Been Busy!





In addition to having an open house yesterday, we have shown the house several times this week. Hopefully, someone will present us a WONDERFUL offer on our house and we will be living in the country soon :0)


I have been working on several small stitchery projects - I can put them up quickly if we get a call to show the house. They will all be heading out the door as gifts in the weeks to come. If you buy my house, I will give you one!!!


We had a special blessing today. We babysat a precious 16 month old for a few hours. She has been removed from her very young and very immature mother and placed with friends of ours. They will have her for a few weeks, and then CPS will decide what to do permanently. I would adopt her in a second - she is a precious baby. We will hopefully keep her one afternoon a week. Isn't she a cutie!


Madelyn bought new slippers at the dollar store today which started a morning long episode of "dress up." Molly is a princess - Mason is a .....?


Our Missy is at youth camp as a counselor this week. She didn't sleep at all last night because she had to leave the house at 2:30 this morning to start picking up girls. The bus left at 4:00 am! I bet she is one tired darlin' by the time she gets home on Thursday. We love that girl!


Have a wonderful start to your week!

3 comments:

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I am so glad you are showing the house...is there anything worse than having it for sale and nobody is interested? I am certain an offer will come through soon...

I LOVE your stitchery! I like the simple lettering and the excellent scripture.

That baby is so sweet--I hope the best for her. We have friends that are foster parents and they have so many precious babies and children come through that have been abused. My heart breaks for them! I would take one or two in a heartbeat if I thought the I could navigate the paperwork to make it possible!

Madelyn and Mason sure are awesome at keeping you entertained while they play (wink) What a couple of happy kids. Good job Mom!

Patricia said...

Mason is a Hawaiian---- Samoan... guy. :) Well, he is cute anyways!

What a sweet little girl... bless her heart... sigh. All children deserve good loving homes.
Patricia

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh Mary, I just love that stitchery. I'm sure that is what sold your house!

Isn't dress up fun? My husband still dresses up for the boys when they least expect it. If we watch a pirate movie, undoubtedly he comes out with a pirate outfit chasing everyone with shouts of "Come here matey" or he'll put on the dreaded lion mask and make everyone scatter. We know its him, but somehow you just can't help from running when we starts the chase! LOL

I never get to play princess though! That looks like lots of fun. Mason ooks like one very cool fireman to me.

That little darling girl is so sweet. I, too, would love to take her home with me. The Lord has put in my heart the desire to adopt a child and though I don't know the when or where, He will work all things out in His time.

Long before Colton was born, I had a strong desire to bless children with special needs. I volunteered as a respite worker for moms and dads with special children. Then while I was carrying Colton, I told a friend that after this baby was born, I felt the desire to open our home to a special needs baby. Little did I know that I was carrying him! The Lord had prepared my heart long before I knew Colton would have all sorts of challenges. So we received Colt's diagnosis when Colton was 10 months old, my heart was prepared and ready to give him all he needed. Isn't God so good?

I will be praying for that little darling. How wonderful that you'll be able to give her some extra special lovin' each week.

Blessings,
Lea