Saturday, May 31, 2008

Finished at Last!








We can actually say that after 4 loooooong months the inside of our house is finished! I am still unloading boxes that we packed when the flooring was put in. We built another bookcase, and I have my books out for the first time in almost 2 years. It is like seeing long lost friends again. We have remodeled a lot of houses, and I am more content with the final result every time. (Maybe I am just really tired and don't want to even think about changing anything). I am so thankful for Randy. He can build, repair, and repaint anything. He doesn't even flinch when I start talking about moving doorways or walls - what a guy!






We have been trying to keep the little ones happy and busy during the past few days of the remodel. Missy took them to the zoo, and she and Randy took them to the movie last night. Have I mentioned lately that she is a wonderful daughter? I am thankful every minute that she is home with us this summer. I love you Missy Lou!






Here are some pictures of the zoo trip. I will post pictures tomorrow of our brand new, wonderful, fabulous, spectacular homeschooling area tomorrow. School begins again for us on Monday. We are all excited about having a special place in our home just for the mountain of homeschooling stuff.






2 comments:

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Your children are so beautiful! And congratulations on completing a remodel with your family intact :-)

My husband is also a do anything person and we always have some kind of construction going on in the house to tip toe around. The final result is awesome--but then we usually decide to take on another project so we sell the completed house and move!

Kris

The Stricklands said...

Hi Kris,
That is exactly what we do! I am already checking real estate listings and mentally preparing to pack :0) You have the most beautiful pictures on your blog. When we flew to China for our first adoption, we had to refuel in Anchorage. That was the closest I have ever been to beautiful Alaska. Oh well, maybe someday!!!
Mary