Thursday, May 22, 2008

When Sadness Comes

I have never been able to really describe with words the bond we feel with other adoptive parents. We have all shared the same paperwork, homestudies, long waits, tears of frustration over many delays, travel planning, and the joy of that miraculous moment when your child is finally in your arms.

Most of the adoptive community awoke this morning to the news that Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest adopted daughter, Maria, died last night. Her older brother accidentally ran over her in their family driveway. Such a devastation for this precious family who has done so much for international adoption. We each probably know of at least one person moved to adopt by attending a Steven Curtis Chapman concert.

Please pray, pray for God's comfort and peace to surround this family. They are dealing with the worst of the worst - yet, they are not without hope. There is an eternal life for each of us. Where we spend that forever depends on a single decision that we make in this lifetime. Do we accept the gift of Jesus that God wants to give us or not? Do we come to a place where we are at the end of ourselves and desire godliness and a life that is better than what we can manipulate?

This life is a vapor, eternity is forever. This family loves God and believes that He sent His only son to this earth so that all who believe in Him can spend eternity in God's presence. The time spent without this precious daughter is just an instant - the time they will spend with her in Heaven is forever. That is the hope the Chapman family has today. Do you have the same hope for yourself and for your family?

If you are reading this post and you aren't sure about where your eternity will be, email me and I can share more with you. God loves you dearly, and He wants to spend forever with you. That is good news even in the midst of great sadness.

With much love,
Mary
rstrick1 @ suddenlink dot net

4 comments:

Dawn said...

My heart has been with that family ever since reading this tragic news.

Marci said...

Mary, I couldn't find an email for you, so I will put it here. Those cookbooks are on order and should be here in about a week. I will let you know when they arrive if you email me at amazinggrazefarm at gmail dot com.

Marci said...

I just read the post I put the above comment under. It is a horrible thing. Again, we are NOT promised a tomorrow. We will pray for them.

Patricia said...

Lovely post.... I hurt for this family and can not even begin to imagine their devastation. All the more reason need to love and adore our children while they are here.
Patricia