

The last boxes are unpacked, the bookcases are FULL, and we are ready to start school again tomorrow! Here are some pictures of the new school area we set up in our den. How wonderful to have everything in one place.
The three little ones played in the pool all afternoon. Mason did so many belly-busters that his tummy was red and sore tonight. He is all boy :0)
Randy worked non-stop today finishing up all of the little remodeling things that I don't like to do. He changed out switch plate covers, put up new lights, hung shutters, trimmed trees, helped our widowed neighbor with her sprinkler system and then worked on our own. He is such a love.
Our family is looking forward to lots of fun, popsicles, and reading this week. I hope you have a precious week with people you love.
5 comments:
Oh my! I love your school area! It looks so organized. I really like the table. Is it a top you made and placed on the table?
What a great idea --- you are so creative!
Patricia
What a nice place to do schoolwork! It would be so nice to have everything where you can actually get to it when you need it.
What math curriculum do you use? I have always used Abeka and just this year decided to use Saxon because I have heard so may good things about it. My daughter loved it and I really liked the excellent progress she made using it.
Kris
Hi sweet Patricia!
I bought a table that had a very ugly tile top inlay. I chiseled the tile out (my poor little hands!) and then glued material where the tiles had been. We covered the material with family pictures and Bible verses and then put a glass top over that. It took a little longer than I had planned because the tile was such a stinker to get out. It has been so fun to do our schoolwork and look at pictures at the same time
:0) How is your precious family?
Mary
Hi Kris!
We are also using Saxon. We have been so blessed because Randy's aunt is retiring from teaching next year and gave us the 1st grade and 3rd grade sets free. She is trying to hunt down a 2nd grade set for us to use next year. Molly and Mason LOVE the big box of manipulatives (I do too!). Mason is deaf, so we are using the MBR reading program for him (free on-line) that uses sign language and sight words to teach reading. Molly loves to read, and we are almost finished with the "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" book. Our sweet 3 year old, Madelyn is such a laid-back sweetie that she doesn't care about any of our homeschooling yet :0) She will sit at the table with us and color and draw.
How is beautiful Alaska this morning? Have a blessed day!
Love it, so organized.
Post a Comment