

From start to finish, this was a doozy of a weekend! We had a wedding shower/dinner out in the country on Friday evening, and we didn't get home until late. Saturday morning, Mason had another belt test for Taekwondo. I wanted to go since I missed the last one. It started at 9:30, and I was expecting to be there for maybe an hour. Two and 1/2 hours later, the belt test wasn't over - aaaaghh! I had told a new mother in our church that I would bring her lunch at 11:30 - I didn't make it until almost 12:30. Then it was a quick afternoon of naps, baths, and church fun.
My sweet, sweet quilting friends came over to my house on Sunday morning for a brunch, and we had lots of fun. I shooed them out of the house, we all piled into the surburban and headed down the road to Randy's brother's house for another Memaw birthday lunch complete with cousins, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts and uncles. Madelyn and Mason loved the brown horse and cowboy hat. Don't they look like real Texans?
Several hours later we were home exhausted and needing another weekend to recover from this one! It was a busy weekend, but it was also time with family and friends. We are blessed!
5 comments:
Oh, I have had weekends like that and you pretty much meet yourslef coming ang going, don't you? It still sounds like a lot of fun though--I am glad you were able to enjoy yourselves so much!
I want to make a quilt to hang in my room with vintage turquoise/pink colors in it and I can't find what I want.
I have a tea cup/saucer set from my Grandma that has the exact colors in it that I want in the quilt. I have searched for fabric here, but that only took about 2 1/2 minutes because we have so little to choose from. I am finding that searching online is hard too because I am looking at the colors on a computer monitor--who knows how they look in person?
Do you have somewhere special you shop online for fabric that you trust?
Hi Kris,
You might go to www.connectingthreads.com and look online. Their picture colors are pretty accurate, and their fabric selection is wonderful! You can also subscribe to get monthly catalogs from them that have all kinds of yummy quilting things.
My best suggestion would be to get paint chips from a home improvement store that are the exact colors you want. Then you could send those to a quilt shop (or to me) and someone could choose fabrics for you that match perfectly. I would love to shop for you if you know what kind of fabrics you want. I could even take pictures of different fabrics and send them to you before I bought anything. We have a wonderful quilt shop only 5 minutes from my house, and I would love to help you. Let me know!
Those precious smiles are priceless!
How nice that you have quilting friends! I am just beginning to start of set of "little quilts" to decorate a wall in our home. I'm looking forward to swimming through those fabrics.
Isn't canning fun? Apricot sounds just delightful. I did more canning today and will do even more tomorrow. And then it will be time for the muskadines. We'll even have enough for all our friends and neighbors too.
Smiles,
Lea
Now why didn't I think of that--paint chips!! Our hardware store has several brands of paint with lots of chips. I think I will go there tomorrow and see what I can find.
Thanks Mary-you are a genius!
Thanks for stopping by my weblog. BOM quilts. I swore off of them.. but I started struggling with the need for small victories. My teenagers and my job and a 'High Maintenance" mutt, got in the way of quilting. The baby steps really helped out. My daughter's graduation, put me behind schedule. But kids won't always be there---the fabric, needle and thread will.....
Post a Comment