Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to the Zoo





We are blessed with a small (and free!) zoo in our city. My little ones have been there so often that Molly thinks she is a zoo tour guide. Our oldest son, Michael, has been home for a few days, and is so sweet about taking the younger three to the zoo and to the local museum. I am sure that he wishes he had a nickel for everytime he has been to the zoo since Molly's adoption :0)




Missy went along and was the official photographer with her new camera. The picture with the longhorn is a family tradition (started by Michael). Many in our family have gone to Texas Tech. Not a lot of love for the University of Texas around here :) Michael has taught the little ones to say "Stinky Longhorn" and "Horns down!" when they pass by the longhorn pen. The last time they went to the zoo, an entire family of UT fans (judging from the many orange t-shirts) was standing by the longhorn pen when Molly and Madelyn started the longhorn comments - oops! Fortunately, most UT alumni are very sweet and good-natured :0)




Family is such a blessing to me, and I love most the times when we are all together. Matt, we have missed you terribly this week!




I had put off several social obligations until the house remodel was finished. Now, I have my bunco group coming over on Thursday night, and my quilting group coming this weeked. I better start cooking. Randy's mother's birthday is this week, and they are coming for dinner tomorrow night - I better start cleaning too!!!!!




Have a blessed week with people you love.
Sorry about the sideways pictures! - I forgot to flip them around before I downloaded them. Oh well - it has been a sideways day around here.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom - I miss all of you too! I am hoping that I will be there for the 4th of July weekend...I might take a couple days off work and head home that Wednesday or Thursday. Anyway, love you and hope you have a great week!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

A free zoo--now that's a good deal!

That is neat you belong to a quilting group. Do you have photos of quilts you have made?

The Stricklands said...

I have made a lot of quilts and given so many of them away. I need to take pictures of the quilts I still have that are finished and the many, many works in progress. I love to quilt, but my favorite part of it is teaching brand new quilters. The last group I taught had several women who had never even turned on a sewing machine. Now they are making the most beautiful things. It makes me feel like a proud mom!

The group that is coming over this weekend is very special to me, and we always have a sweet ministry time together while we eat and sew.

How is beautiful Alaska today? I tried to leave a comment on your blog last night, but Blogger was having serious issues :( I will try again later today.

Thanks for stopping by!