Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Molly Anne

My sweet miss Molly - what a girl! I have written much about her adoption in an earlier post so I won't rewrite that again. What I want to remember tonight is how this little one changed the hearts of an entire family. She made us love a country halfway around the world and love a people we had never met before. She has brought light and life into a home that would be very lonely without her.

I can't even imagine our home without children running through it. With our older 3 grown and gone, Randy and I would totally different today without the miracle of adoption. Thank you Molly for starting it all!

To say that Molly is sweet, smart, and verbal would all be understatements. She is also sensitive, funny, and loves the Lord more than any other 5 year old in the world. She loves her mommy and daddy and her brothers and sisters. She is artistic, great at gymnastics, and can name more dinosaurs that you and I put together.

One movie that she loves is "The Prince of Egypt." Today was her turn to choose a movie, and she picked that one. The movie started, and she began to sob as Moses' mother put him in the basket to save his life. I held her and loved on her as the tears continued to fall. As verbal as she is, she couldn't ever tell me why the movie affected her so deeply. I think she is smart enough to know that her life began much the same as Moses' - with a grieving birth mother having to make a desperate decision to save her child. Molly's life began with loss, but it continues in love and hope.

I look at her and often wonder what destiny God has for her. Will she be a witness to the nations, an adoptive mother herself, an artist.... Whatever God chooses, her future is bright. She already lights our world!

No comments: