Thursday, January 10, 2008

Matthew's Baby Story

I wrote a couple of days ago about God's faithfulness during our pregnancy with Michael. Michael was a precious first baby whose every move was documented with our camera. We had quite a learning curve with him, and I was very fearful during his first year that I was going to do something terribly wrong and ruin him for life!

When Michael started to walk at 12 months, I was so sad...our baby wasn't really a baby anymore. We began to talk about having another child and continued on with our busy lives. I must have been very grouchy for a few days, because Randy was the one who decided that I must be pregnant again. We were so happy to be blessed with another baby.

I had really gone overboard monogramming Michael's baby clothes with "M"s, so we chose another M name for our baby boy - Matthew Lyle Strickland.

Matthew came right on time, and was another beautiful, healthy baby. We went home the next day, and life was busy, tiring, and wonderful. We put up our Christmas tree a couple of weeks after he was born, and one of my favorite memories is of my two sweet sons sleeping in my lap as the Christmas tree lights twinkled in the dark.

Matthew had such a sweet smile and a deep little chuckle when he laughed. Parenting was much more relaxed with the second baby, and we loved being a mom and dad. What joy the boys brought to our little home.

Michael was only 22 months old when Matthew was born and couldn't say Matthew. "Sashew" was the best he could do, so we started calling Matthew "Bubba Bear" which Michael could say. To this day, I still find myself calling Matthew "Bub."

I am so proud of my boys. They are both wonderful sons and brothers. They are honorable men, and I am excited to see where the Lord will lead them in the years to come. What wonderful fathers they will be someday. I love being their mom!

Tomorrow....Missy's story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom, I hope you don't get tired of writing these by the time you finish mine, Molly's, Madelyn's, and Mason's, because I'm watching Blood Diamond right now and I've decided that we definitely need to go to Liberia and get another kid!! Really though...