Saturday, January 12, 2008

Missy's Story

After Matthew was born, Randy and I were the proud and happy parents of two cute boys. We decided that we wanted another child, and I really wanted a little girl to complete our family. Even before I became pregnant, I was secretly buying dresses and other girl-y things.

During the 9 months we waited for Missy, I knew that I would be so happy with a girl or a boy (but I bought a few more little dresses just in case!).

The week before Missy was born, I had contractions every night that were so convincing that I would get up and check my hospital bag, clean the kitchen, do laundry, etc.. The contractions would stop every morning, but I went without much sleep for several days. I was exhausted and grouchy. My mother had come to help with the new baby, but the new baby wasn't in much of a hurry to arrive.

My mom finally decided that she would go back to San Antonio on April 25th and return after the baby came. At 4;30 a.m. on the 25th, I woke up and knew that we needed to get to the hospital immediately! Randy woke up my mom to let her know, and off we went. Missy was born literally minutes after we got to our hospital room.

She was beautiful! She had soft blond hair and big blue eyes. Randy brought the boys up to see her later that day, and they were so sweet with her. I remember looking at our three healthy, beautiful children and knowing that we had been blessed beyond anything we could have ever imagined. We thought our family was complete. (God had other ideas!)

The next weeks, months and years were filled with baby dolls, dresses, hairbows and lots of love and fun. I can't believe my "baby" is grown!

No comments: