Randy and I have been married 29 years today! Don't forget - I was VERY young when we married! :0) Tomorrow starts our Spring semester of homeschooling. Molly and Mason are very ready - they have just about driven me and each other crazy the past 2 days. They are bored and ready for their regular routine. Madelyn will also start back to preschool tomorrow. She is finally over the wretched cold she had during the holidays.
I have taught myself to crochet (one stitch), and now have enough dish cloths to last for YEARS!!! I guess I will have to put my crochet hook up for a while and homeschool, work at the church, and finish remodeling the extra bedroom. It really looks bad now that Missy has moved all of her things out. (I miss you sweet girl!)
For Randy's anniversary "present" today, the kids and I took down all of the Christmas lights outside and raked thousands and thousands of leaves out of the front yard. Because we had such a wet spring, our oak trees were very prolific with leaves and acorns this year. I hope the trash men come tomorrow - we really filled up the dumpster. :0)
Michael starts his second semester of teaching tomorrow. Missy starts a new semester at Oklahoma State, and Matthew's new promotion finally becomes a reality. Quite a big day for the Stricklands! I think I will go to Starbucks to celebrate.
I have sent a house plan to a very nice builder and hope to hear back from him this week. I would love to be in the country with chickens and goats. I also wish I could explain to everyone WHY I want to live in the country with chickens and goats. I think it will be fun to have eggs and goat milk soap to go with all of the dish cloths I'm making :) I would also like to have a big garden this year. I had promised Molly that we would plant a garden last spring, but we traveled to get Mason during planting time. By the time we got home, I was too tired to garden!
If you get a chance, go to www.messiahshouse.org to hear Jason's sermon from last night. It was wonderful! I know that we are very blessed to be part of a church body that we love so much. I learn so much every week.
I am also posting some wonderful Christmas pictures of my gorgeous children. I am very blessed.
I
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mom, I'm really glad you're doing this! I miss all of you already! Give the kids and Dad a hug for me! Love you guys!
Mom, I'm really glad you're doing this! I miss all of you already! Give the kids and Dad a hug for me! Love you guys!
Post a Comment