Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thankfulness



Today is a milestone day for me. I start a new decade of life! A day of thankfulness for so many things - my God, my cute husband of 30 years, my 6 precious children, family and friends who love me, and so much more. As I sit here in the dark of early morning, life is so good. I am warm, well-fed, clothed, and safe. So many in our world did not wake to the same joy and security.


Every morning after I read my Bible, I read my Operation World book. Such an eye opener for me to see that millions and millions of precious people are still living in spiritual darkness while I sit in the comfort of my home. My prayer for this year of life is that I truly love others as Jesus loves them. That I desire to care for the "least of these" every day. That I am willing to do whatever or go wherever He leads me without hesitation or complaining.


But now I am off to cook breakfast for three little cuties, learn about dinosaurs, teach sign language, knit on my shawl and then go to dinner with my sweet Randy. Sounds like a perfect birthday. Have a wonderful day sweet friends!

13 comments:

sandra/tx said...

Happy Birthday, Lee. You lead your life by example, and I'm so proud you're my sister. :-)

Schromom said...

Happy, Happy BIrthday Mary...I pray God gives you a special blessing today!

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Happy HAPPY 50th Birthday and welcome to the club! I'm a few months ahead of you, and so far, it's wonderful! :)
Love the scarf you're working on, and I pray that today will be a blessed one for you in every way..

Janelle

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Mary,
Happy birthday to you!

If you imagine this sung in a squeaky high voice and slightly off key, it will be like I'm really there! LOL

Hope your day was as lovely as it sounds. I'm was so excited to hear that your ordered some annie patterns. They are so fun to make! Which ones did you choose?

Wishing you a new decade filled with love, joy and the blessings of the Lord!
Lea

Sheryl1024 said...

Happy birthday Mary Lee! I hope it has been an absolutely fantastic day for you. I am spending a moment now thanking God for the wonderful encouragement, inspiration and role model you have been to me over the years. Now that I'm all "grown up," I consider myself blessed to call you friend. Much love,
Sheryl

gb said...

Happy Birthday... Late! Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Much Love! Gretta

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I'm a little late, but hope you had a wonderful birthday!!!!! Love your knitting project!!!!!

Cora

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Hey Mary...
I am humbled and honored that you would ask me for direction in teaching a Bible study.
The Lord took me through a study on my own, that I think would work well for the group of women you mentioned, and it's about who we are in Christ.
I titled it, "I Am God's Treasured Posession", and I can send you my notes and references for you to study, and let Him further lead you in your teaching.
Just let me know if that might work, and may He bless you abundantly for reaching out to these women! :)
Janelle

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Hey Again Mary...
They're all written down in my journal, so I'll put them on a Word doc and email them to you.
Email me at littlesistersdolls@comcast.net, so I will have your email to send them to.
I'm in the middle of purging a couple of rooms from the clutter right now, but will get them to you in a day or so, if that's ok..
Janelle

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

I have the Word doc with the study ready for you whenever you get the chance to email me with your email addy.
I finished up what I wanted to do in less time than I thought it would take, and lemme tell ya, I got blessed all over again in reading and typing out my study notes for you!
I'd love to sit in on your class and see how the Lord leads you, as I'm sure he'll show you things that go beyond even what he gave to me...
Have a blessed weekend!

Sheryl1024 said...

Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement and wisdom, Mary. I needed those, and am glad that my post was something you needed on that day. I am praying for you!

Thanks, too, for your prayers for my friend! I have received a couple of pictures today and am starting a prayer email list. If you want me to send the pictures to you and/or be on the email list, let me know at SherLAnn@aol.com.

Much love!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Mary!

Patricia said...

Well Happy Birthday! You old woman you. ;)
I pray the Lord blesses you richly in this new season of life!
Patricia