Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Need Sleep!










A sweet friend and I started walking 2 or 3 miles every morning at 5:30. That is well and good IF I have slept the night before, but lately.......2 precious little girlie darlin's have been waking up repeatedly during the night. Last night at 3:00 (am!!!!) Madelyn woke up (again), and I carried her back to bed (again). I told her that she was awake waaaaaaaay too early. She looked at me with those beautiful eyes and used her cutest voice and said, "I am just a little girl...I don't know how to read clocks yet".
I am a tired mommy, but so blessed to be able to stay at home with these little ones. I have taught all three to fingerknit this week. Molly has knitted probably 100 feet of beautiful chained knitting, and Mason isn't far behind her. Madelyn and I are struggling with her knitting because she can't decide whether to knit right-handed or left-handed :) She hasn't picked a hand for eating or writing either.

Here is a picture of sweet Madelyn after her sleepless night, Molly and her wonderful knitting, and Mason with his handmade cross necklace. They are such cuties!

6 comments:

Sheryl1024 said...

Such precious pictures - and kids! :-) I think they might be progressing more on their finger knitting than I am on my knitting. I have been distracted by work, photo scanning and reading. Ha! Soon, though! I need to pick it up before I forget how to do it.

I hope you have a good week, too, and a restful night. Thanks for the wishes for a good week here - I'm in a bit of a "blah" moment so appreciate the sweet thoughts, friend!
Much love!

Niki said...

Hi Mary, here is the shawl pattern.

http://michaels.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-triangleShawl.html

It is similar to Jewel's pattern but uses larger needles to get you the gauge you need. I haven't made the fringe on any of mine. But I did edge mine in a simple double crochet stitich.

If you do one, make sure you post a photo for me to see :)

Blessings,
Niki

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my, walking at 5:30 AM! You put me to shame. Really ... oh how I needed that little prompt.

Just love Madelyn's sweet words. Don't they just melt your mama heart?

How wonderful that they're all learning to finger knit! What fun.

Hope you get a wee bit of rest today.

Blessings,
Lea

Anonymous said...

I miss those kids :(! Give them all a hug for me! Love you, Mom!

sandra/tx said...

Cute. And good for you on walking. I miss walking in Amarillo!

Patricia said...

"I am just a little girl...I don't know how to read clocks yet".

LOL How absolutely precious!

Patricia