Sunday, January 25, 2009

Perfection


What do you call a lazy Sunday afternoon complete with a "fort" in the living room, a fire in the fireplace, a shawl on my knitting needles, hot chocolate, popcorn and a sweet movie? Perfection :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw I LOVE this picture so much! I miss you all more than you know! I'm already really homesick, and ready to come visit you guys again! Hope everything is going great! Love you! Give Dad and the kids a huge hug for me!

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

What BEAUTIFUL children, and what a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon - it's so refreshing to see that there are some children who still love to "play" instead of always being on a video game or in front of a tv..
Have a blessed week... :)
Janelle

sandra/tx said...

That IS a great photo of the 3M's. So cute! Give them hugs and kisses from Aunt Sandra.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

You're right ... that photo is perfection! And there is even a dog. So sweet!

Just want you to know that I am praying for your son. It is so hard to see our precious children go through these physical challenges. I will be praying with you for his complete healing.

Thank you for praying for Jase. He has another medical problem to deal with as well and it is just hard when as a mom you can't fix it for them. He is such a lovely young man and so far has handled his challenges with such grace. I'm so proud of him.

And now I must tell you that I received my package today! I don't even know where to begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed every little thing! Your beautiful punch needle is right here on my desk which will be its permanent home. It's really beautiful! I hope I can make the kit you sent for me look like that but I do have my doubts. I keep touching yours hoping some of that skill might rub off! LOL

And the grandmother's garden block! Is that one of the blocks of the quilt that you're making? It's wonderful! Thank you for including each step ... I don't think I would have figured it out without them. Those templates certainly will be helpful. But I did have to put on my extra magnifying specs to see those tiny stitches of yours holding the pieces together. Your work is lovely. I believe I may use that block as an apron pocket. Wouldn't that be pretty?

Well I know I am rattling on but I am just thrilled with everything. The whole family gathered around after I opened it because I ooohed and aaahed with each piece! LOL

But I must tell you, my favorite thing of all was the note that you included. It means so much. Thank you, Mary. I consider you my friend.

Blessings,
Lea

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Hi again Mary ~ I just read your post. I didn't think about freezing that bananas?? This is probably going to sound so silly, but do you peel and mash them first? And to think I'll never have to waste another banana again. That just made my day!

Smiles,
Lea

Mandy said...

I ran across your blog and thought I'd say hello! We homeschool also and I started knitting right after Christmas.

I enjoyed browsing through your blog!

Mandy