Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary


Yesterday was our 30th wedding anniversary - wow! My very precious husband brought home beautiful roses, took me out for dinner, and then took me shopping for new wedding bands. Thank you sweet guy for a wonderful day (and 29 years plus 364 other wonderful days!).


This is a big month for me - I will have my 50th birthday in a couple of weeks. What a great time to reflect on how blessed and loved I am. A loving husband, 6 of the most wonderful children in the world, a God who loves me undeservedly, sweet friends, and so much more. Thanks to each of you who come here and leave sweet comments. You add to the blessings of this life with your encouraging words.


Much love,

Mary

8 comments:

Sheryl1024 said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to you!! I count myself blessed to have had the privilege of knowing you through many of those years! May your week be sweet and filled with giggles and grins!

Sheryl1024 said...

Hi friend! I thought about looking you and Randy's # up and calling you while I was in big A, but figured you had a houseful AND a schedule-filled with enjoying your oldest three kids while you could have them all in town! :-)

I did go back to work this week. I'd enjoyed the time off and wouldn't have complained about another day or two, but it is good to be back into a routine. This second semester is when the second phase of my new job really kicks into high gear; so now that I have settled into the first phase a little bit, the learning curve begins yet again! It's fun, though!

I am sure you were sad to see Missy head back off to OSU. What are Matthew and Michael doing nowadays? I still can't believe they're all so big! (Donna can't either!)

Love,
Sheryl

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Happy Anniversary! What a sweetheart of a hubby to do all those things a girl loves :)
I hit 50 this past September, and it's not so bad...lol
Really though - I pray that your celebration of hitting this momentous mark in your life will be one you'll always remember.

Janelle

sandra/tx said...

Happy Anniversary, Lee. Gosh, it's hard to believe you were such a young bride. I still remember my scrawny self in the long, quiana(?) dress, standing beside you. We've come a long way baybee!

Patricia said...

30 years! Happy Anniversary! May the Lord reward you with many many more.
Patricia

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Anniversary! Wow--all this Happy and I can't even make you a cake. I hope your birthday is the best one yet and I will be talking with you when I get back. 50 is nifty!

Emily Suzanne said...

Happy Anniversary!!
What an incredible couple you are!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Happy anniversary! What a blessing to share your life with a lovely man for 30 years. We'll celebrate our 20th this year and it is so exciting. This is the first year that we've felt comfortable enough to leave Colton with his brothers while we go on a date so we're already planning for our anniversary and Valentine's day.

And happy birthday, too! I always love new decades and always say that it will be the best ever ... and it always is!

Hugs,
Lea