Thursday, October 30, 2008

When Best Friends Visit







Our sweet friends, Roger and Dianne, have been our dearest friends since college. We have seen each other through joys and sorrows, premature babies, adoptions, and more. They are truly friends for life - we love you guys!

They stopped by for an hour or so today on their way to the big Tech/Texas game. The little ones and I had a fun day getting ready for our friends to arrive. I have been convicted lately that I need to focus on hospitality in my home. Teaching children to lovingly prepare for guests is a fun thing to do. We made scrumptious cupcakes, swept, mopped, vacuumed, and dusted together. How I pray that Molly, Mason, and Madelyn grow to be gracious adults. Today was a good start!

Molly and Mason showed off their new reading skills, and even Scruffy the dog got in the picture!

4 comments:

sandra/tx said...

I don't think Roger and Dianne have aged a bit. How nice that they were able to stop by and visit. (Nice that they were able to snag tickets to the Tech/UT game, but that's a whole nuther story).

The kiddos are so cute, and seeing Scruffy worm his way into a pic cracked me up. Give the three M's hugs and kisses from Aunt Sandra.

Schromom said...

So good to see Roger and Diane, they look great!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I agree about hospitality and I think it is quite excellent that you are teaching your kids so young. They looked like they were having a blast withe the pumpkin carving too! How neat you have friends that you have known so long--what a blessing.

By the way--I am totally impressed you won an award in Tae Kwon Do--that's awesome!

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Yoo hoo! I have tagged you on my blog--come see!