Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Carving!
















I have mentioned before that we are not a Halloween family, but we love the pumpkin part of Fall. Tonight was the big night - we carved our pumpkins! The little ones drew the faces on, and then I tried to carve exactly what they drew. Madelyn drew the tiniest face on hers, and the candle wouldn't stay lit. Other than that little problem, it was a precious family night together.

We ate a delicious home-cooked meal , monitored the dish washing (Mason and the girls are learning how to wash plates and load the dishwasher), ate ice cream, carved pumpkins, played games and read books. What a perfect evening!

We also had a first - when we opened Madelyn's pumpkin, there were several seeds sprouting inside. Apparently her pumpkin was a little "old" - lol!

As the days get cooler and the nights get longer, we will enjoy this season of family togetherness - what a blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you all so much! I'm counting down the days until I'm home for Thanksgiving! Give everyone a hug for me! Love you, Mom! Have a joyful week!

Patricia said...

I love the picture of the three of them lined up with carving their pumpkins.... sweet. We still haven't gone to get pumpkins and now it has gone and snowed! sigh... I am still determined to find the time to do this!
Patricia

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Those are beautiful photos! All those little faces just intent on creating their own pumpkin. Sweet as can be.

I bought Colton a little pumpkin for the front porch and he is as happy as can be. Orange is his favorite color.

Smiles,
Lea