Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Birthday Boy




Mason is 7! After not-so-patiently enduring Molly and Madelyn's birthday celebrations, his finally came. We have chosen to forego the usual birthday parties amd instead have small family vacations to celebrate birthdays. The cost is probably about the same, but the memories are much better for us when we spend the time together as a family. I had previously posted about our trip to the mountains - a perfect birthday trip for an outdoor-loving boy! He fished and fished, and he also loved being outside and running wild.


We came home on Saturday, started moving on Sunday, the movers came on Monday, and Mason's birthday was Tuesday :( Fortunately, we had friends and grandparents who helped us make the week fun for Mason and the girls. Two of my sweetest friends took the three little ones on Monday and Tuesday and played, made cupcakes, had birthday parties, and more. Then Meemaw and Granddaddy took Mason shopping for Webkins. We ended the birthday with a dinner at their house complete with cake and balloons. What a whirlwind!


Mason is such a blessing. His smile and rambunctious spirit keep our house lively. His sweet and gentle heart make him a joy. Mason, we love, love, love you!

7 comments:

Maria Guerrero Patricio said...

hello!!
I am maria!!
I don't know english a lot, I speak english very little.
What are you doing?
I'm spanish
One kiss, bye

sandra/tx said...

Happy Birthday, Mason. We love you -- Aunt Sandra, Uncle Chris, Cameron & Cale.

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Happiest of Birthdays to handsome Mason! He shares it with my little niece and I think they are both very special little people!

Patricia said...

Happy birthday Mason!! You are the most handsome young man and have a smile that I know lights up the room!

Are you all settled in yet? Thinking of you!
Patricia

Marci said...

What a sweetheart!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Mason! He is such a doll. I think he has the sweetest smile I've just about ever seen.

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Happy birthday, Mason! Hope your year is full of fun.

Smiles,
Lea