


I thought the craziness of the last two months would finally subside and life would return to normal. Well....normalcy has returned - I had just forgotten how crazy our normal life is! It seems to take longer every Sunday afternoon to get our homeschooling together for the upcoming week. I don't think it took me as long to get lesson plans done when I taught 28 fifth graders! I am really not complaining - I love teaching Molly and Mason, and Molly tells me everyday that I am her very, very best teacher:)
We had a little accident with the garage door on Friday night, and we didn't want to pay the overtime rate to have it fixed on the weekend. A broom handle got caught in the track, and when Randy tried to close the garage door the whole thing fell off the track on one side. I am sure our neighbors have had a good chuckle at our very skewed door.
Even though we haven't started any remodeling yet, we love our new house and feel at home here. It has an open floor plan, so the various array of wall colors does bother me a little. I can sit on our couch and look at the red kitchen, yellow kitchen countertops, the green dining room, and the orange glazed living room. Quite a combination! Our new windows have come in and will be installed in the next week or two. As soon as the windows are done, we will kick into high gear with wall mud and paint. If I even hint at moving again in a couple of years, I give you permission to come and shake me!!
I love these pictures of Madelyn - she was so excited that she got her bicycle helmet on by herself - lol!!!
We are looking forward to a sweet and blessed week. I am praying the same for you.
6 comments:
Cute Madelyn. Glad y'all are settling in.
I chuckled at the thought of how your garage door looks! The spring broke/sprung on ours and we had to live with it for about 2 months until we could afford to get someone in to repair it. A quick look told us it was beyond our help.
Nola,
This is even funnier because it has happened to us before. Several years ago, I did the same thing - a broom handle had fallen into our door track, and I didn't know. When I tried to lower the door, the whole thing fell off the track. Two neighbors and a sympathetic garage door man had it fixed before Randy came home. I think we should banish all brooms from the garage!
I am so glad to hear you like the house! That's always the big "if" when moving from somewhere you are comfortable. Madelyn is a big girl putting her own helmet on!
I'm glad you are in your new house. Maybe we can come visit before you move again. I think I've only seen about half the houses you've lived in. :o)
I'm so glad that you're settling into your new home. How exciting! I adore an open floorplan ... sometimes I wish that I had opted for one when we built this home but I love it just the same.
Madelyn is sooo cute! I love those little independent streaks, don't you?
Smiles,
Lea
Post a Comment