Monday, November 10, 2008

A Wonderful Weekend




About once a year I head to the mountains with my quilting buddies and we spend 2 glorious nights at a cabin in Angel Fire provided by a friend and her husband. We sew, eat, talk, eat, sleep, eat.....and have a wonderful time of fellowship together. Fortunately, I have a precious husband who loves to spend time with our three little ones. They rented movies, cleaned the backyard, ate out and had a fun, fun time without mom.




I have to admit that I would rather be at home with my family than anywhere else in the world, but it is nice to get away now and then and just be with sweet friends.




I took my camera, but instead of picture-taking, I sat in one big comfy chair and needlepunched all weekend. Other than a funny, fiery flip-flop incident, the weekend was relaxing and peaceful. Here are some pictures of our trip to Angel Fire in September. Trust me - it looked the same in November minus a few leaves :)

1 comment:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh Mary, that sounds just heavenly. Hope you'll share your needlepunch with us when you have time.

Smiles,
Lea