Sunday, November 30, 2008

I Will Decorate the Tree, I Will, I Will.....



I think I have a case of the post-Thanksgiving doldrums. I have the tree up and the fall decorations packed away, but I haven't wanted the extra mess of Christmas decorating. The older boys leave today, and I am really, really going to get busy this afternoon :)

Randy, Michael and Matt went to the Tech game in Lubbock yesterday and enjoyed watching Tech win again. Randy was a real trooper. He has a terrible cold but didn't want to miss out on a day of fun with his boys. He sat in the cold for about 4 hours at the game and feels pretty rotten, but he has promised a friend that he will help install several windows this morning. Pray that he makes it through this day and feels much better tomorrow.

In addition to putting out the Christmas decorations, I really need to do some laundry. Mason had to wear "dirty" socks yesterday, and that boy was NOT happy about it! Hmmmm.....decorating or laundry?


Here is a fuzzy picture of the family portrait we had made this weekend. No one is really crazy about this picture, but trying to get 8 people to look at the camera at the same time is almost impossible. Having 8 people all love the same portrait really is impossible! I will post a picture of the 6 gorgeous children tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Sheryl1024 said...

I love this picture, and have enjoyed getting to read more about your life nowadays ... this picture makes me miss you and Randy's sweet smiles so very much.

Sheryl1024 said...

I got your comment on my blog - thank you!! I don't know how to get in touch with you other than your blog now. I would LOVE (love, love, love) to hear from you - my email is SherLAnn@aol.com. I can't tell you how many times over the last 10 years (or so!) that I have truly missed your sweet friendship. You and Randy were always such phenomenal blessings to me, and I have been so overwhelmed with emotion in the last month or so as I "rediscovered" your blog and what has been going on in your life. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you and catch up directly! Much love ....

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I love that portrait--I think everybody looks terrific! I laughed when I read that poor Mason had to wear dirty socks. My younger daughter just asked me yesterday--Mom, are you going to do whites ANYTIME soon????!!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I think your photo is just beautiful! It's apparent that there's a lot of love there!

Smiles,
Lea

gb said...

I think the photo looks amazing! You have a beautiful family miss mary!