



Please, please tell me that you make a HUGE mess when you put out your Christmas decorations! I looked around at our house yesterday and saw no hope at all for a resolution to the chaos I had created with boxes, ribbon and greenery. But today is a new day, the trees are finished and most of the decorations are out and looking beautiful. The little ones have been making tree decorations for a few days and we finally got the trees set up in their rooms. They did all of the decorating themselves, and the result is gorgeous! :)
I have decided that my desire to simplify this year maybe a little misguided. I think I have been reshuffling rather than down-sizing. We have sold or given away furniture, appliances, clothing, home dec items and more, but I am finding that I want to go out and replace those things rather than enjoy my uncluttered home. I am also having a very difficult time letting go of anything that might even have an inkling of sentimentality for me. Unfortunately, I can feel sentimental about almost anything :) I am praying for a renewed mind that focuses on what makes a Godly home, not a possession-filled one.
One wonderful thing I bought this year is my new One Year Bible. I love, love, love it!!! I don't have to think about (worry about) what part of the Bible to read everyday. I just open to today's date and God shows me something amazing every time. How wonderful to read today in 1 John about not desiring the things of this world - just what I needed!
Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you (ouch!). For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever. 1 John 2:15-17
I better go and finish cleaning up the rest of my self-induced mess!
6 comments:
Yes, I make a huge mess too! I have been putting off pulling out Christmas decorations until Miss Braja goes on to her new home but it looks like at this rate she may be with us for Christmas! I think I better just bite the bullet and get 'er done.
What lovely little trees and beautiful smiles! I know they must be proud.
Pulling out Christmas decorations creates a massive mess!!! Being on the extreme side of "organized," I tend to dread that phase of messiness every year, but the end result is far worth it. You are not alone! :-) Your tree(s) look beautiful! I am tackling mine this coming weekend!
On another note, thanks for your words about focusing on a Godly home instead of the possessions. Sometimes I get wrapped up in what I feel is the "lack" in my life as a single teacher, single income - in an expensive area to live! Yet I truly have SO much in life. Even more importantly, it was a good reminder to me that even with just me, I can still strive to make my home a Godly one. I appreciate your wise words!
I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but we did the exact same thing last night--the big mess! But, I know every year that is going to happen and we just enjoy it and then clean it up when the tree is done.
Your 3 cuties each get a tree--how neat is that?!
I'm glad to see you've crossed over to the dark side, I think you're going to realize that being messy isn't that bad after all :). I LOVE those pictures! We definitely have the cutest kids ever adopted from China...I'm not biased or anything. I love you guys! Can't wait to spend a month with you soon!! Have a great day, Mom! Give everyone a hug for me!
Oh yes, our home is a disaster zone at Christmas decorating time. I adore the little trees that the children made. All I see when I look at them are the precious memories that you're giving these little blessings from the Lord!
Thank you for sharing that scripture. Ouch is right! That one really pierces my heart.
That Bible you mentioned sounds lovely. I think I'll take a peek at that!
Wishing you joy today my friend,
Lea
In my Young Life Bible Study we have been going through 1 John and I love that book. 1 John 2:24-25...therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the son and in the father. and this is the promise that he has promised us- eternal life.
Post a Comment