Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One a Day


I always beat myself up in December over the house, homeschooling, crafts, ....and whatever else I can think of. The truth is that our home at Christmas isn't always clean, we don't always get our lesson plans finished, and several purchased crafts remain unfinished and pushed into next year's pile. I am trying to really, really enjoy this season of remembering the Lord's birth. I am trying to really, really just love the time spent with my precious family regardless of the things that remain unchecked on my list. Pray that I stay focused on the important this December.


We are going to do one fun, messy, crafty thing a day this month. On the 1st we decorated our trees and made a very large gingerbread cookie. Yesterday we baked and decorated cookies at a friend's house, and today we will make.....something :0) I always say that making memories are the best things to make, but I sometimes grumble because of the real messes that those memories create. If you come to our house this December, you might have to step over a puzzle in the hallway and glitter on the floor, but we will be having fun and remembering why we celebrate this sweet time.

6 comments:

sandra/tx said...

What a frameable pic of the 3M's. So cute! I'll bet that cookie didn't last long.

Glad to hear y'all are settling in and had a great Thanksgiving. We're excited to see y'all soon.

gb said...

Mary,
I love that way of life! REAL LIFE! Well, at least in my world! I love your sweet spirit and your persuit of Life and LIFE more abundantly. Gretta

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Mary...as a mom who homeschooled her kids, I'll tell you this: Don't ever worry about a messy house - that means there's children and LIFE there!!!
My two are grown and gone, and there are so many days when I'm baking or crafting by myself, that I wish for them to be little and at home again, making all those memories all over again...
Housework will always be there, but the kids won't be -

Janelle

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

You fight the battle I fight sister! Ugh is my house ever going to be clean and organized again in my lifetime????

Missy said...

I could have told you being messy was ok years ago :) In fact, I'm pretty sure I tried to every time you walked into my room when I was living at home. If you ever need a reminder, feel free to drive to Stillwater and enjoy life with me in my distaster zone of a room. If you give me a couple hours notice, I might even clear a path for you so you don't have to step on clothes when you walk in. Love you! See you in a week!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Sounds like you are really on the right track, Mary! Thanks for reminding me. I've been a bit frazzled these past few days. Tomorrow morning I think I'll sit and make a Christmas paper chain and some snowflakes with Colton.

You're a dear!

Smiles,
Lea