Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back to the Real World















We are a tired bunch, but we arrived back home tonight after three fun, relaxing days in Angel Fire, New Mexico. There was about a foot of snow on the ground, but the sun shone every day. We made a snowman (sort of!), threw snowballs, went sledding, drank hot chocolate, ate too much, and played lots of new board games. Missy and Dan were good sports and helped so much with the younger three. The only thing lacking was Michael and Matthew - maybe next year!

Michael and Matt will be home tomorrow and the wonderful Christmas week will begin. I will be frantically unpacking, doing laundry and cleaning tomorrow before they arrive. Once again all of our children will be home at the same time. That is a huge blessing for me! Tuesday and Wednesday will be cooking days with a lot of secretive toy assembly going on in my bedroom.

I think our favorite holiday tradition is baking a birthday cake for Jesus. It looks a little different every year but always has lots and lots of sprinkles on the top :) We will make the cake together on Wednesday and eat it after our Christmas dinner. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

Here are some pictures of our fun, snowy weekend.

4 comments:

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Oh, I've been to Angel Fire before, and my kids just loved it - they grew up in FL, so getting the chance to build snowmen and such are fond memories...
You are truly blessed to have your whole family with you for Christmas!
Have a blessed week....Merry CHRISTmas..

Janelle

sandra/tx said...

Wow, I didn't realize Dan is so tall!

I started to do a post about Christmas traditions today but decided to do favorite Christmas memories instead.

Glad y'all had fun in the mountains. I know this will be a great week with all your kiddos around. Give them all big hugs from Buda.

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

It sure looks like you had a great time! I didn't know New Mexico had snow...

Have a wonderful, perfect Christmas with all of your gang home!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I just love seeing those older ones loving the younger. Such a blessing!

Smiles,
Lea