Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It Finally Happened

You know those dreams where you are running away from something terrible, but your legs won't work? Or the nightmare of showing up somewhere and forgetting your clothes? Well, I have had a fear of something for a looooooong time, and yesterday it finally happened :(

After homeschooling yesterday morning, the little ones and I left our home to run a few errands. We had plans to meet Randy for lunch, and the day looked wonderful. We spent quite a while at a resale shop for children looking for spring clothes and then headed for Hobby Lobby. As I got out of the car I realized.........I STILL HAD MY HOUSE SHOES ON!!!!!! Yes, that has been my fear for quite some time. I usually check my feet before heading out the door, but one little slip-up has led to lots of laughter and a little embarrassment for me.

Maybe I should have titled this post "The Real Danger of Homeschooling Your Children - You Will Occasionally Look Like a Dork Because You Get a Little Too Comfortable in Your Robe and House Shoes."

5 comments:

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

O.K.--it could have been MUCH worse--you could have had your ROBE on LOL

I hear you...there are days I really wonder how I made it from point A to point B. Hang in there!

sandra/tx said...

That's funny. I did that not too long ago, but thankfully, it was just to WalMart. Probably wasn't too far out of the norm of what you'd usually see there. LOL

The Johnsons said...

I love it, Mary! Was Randy impressed that you dressed up so much for your lunch date?!?!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

LOL ~ I'll never forget when I was in the work force and showed up at work with my little business suit with my baby doll pajama bottoms still on underneath!

Its always good just to laugh at ourselves! Its good for the spirit.

Love,
Lea

Emily Suzanne said...

That's so funny! I can see how it could happen though! I've almost done that so many times! :)

I'm going to try and call this week or next...just a warning.