Monday, August 11, 2008

I Need a Looooooong Nap!



I haven't slept well this week with all of the house "stuff" swarming in my wee little head :0) I decided last night that I would just stay up and visit with Missy until she went to bed. At 3:00 (yes, in the morning!) I gave up and went to bed. Missy stayed up even later working on her summer school class. Of course, she could sleep in this morning, but I had sweet little Madelyn at my bedside at dawn wanting her "bwekfast."


The house we are wanting to buy is still in limbo. The roof needs to be replaced, and the current owners are struggling with the $10,000 - $12,000 it will take to put to new roof on. We thought we might know something on Friday, or that we would definitely hear something today - but we didn't hear a thing. Tomorrow is a new day, and I am needing to work on patience anyway :0)


The upside of not really sleeping last night is that I got a LOT of my homeschool planning, copying, and laminating finished. Mason loves to learn using centers and manipulatives, so I have made 40-50 "Take It To Your Seat" centers for 1st grade. They are fun to use and a painless way to squeeze writing, science and geography into our homeschooling day. I love fun and painless!


I also love swimming pool pictures. Here are 3 cuties enjoying another hot Texas day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I'm sorry you are not sleeping well--that is no fun!

Roofs are expensive and something that needs to be taken care of! My husband just replaced one for a customer that she thought she could let slide for another year until the tell-tale brown spots started appearing on her ceiling. I hope it all works out for you and maybe they can reduce the price of the home to where your loan amount can include you getting the new roof?

Your cuties look very happy in their colorful suits! Oh I WISH we had warm enough weather to wear bathing suits! Even shorts would be nice at this point...LOL

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Sounds like you certainly earned that nap!

Love the photos of the children with their smiling faces. Precious!

I remember reading your post about selling the house and only a couple days later, it sold! The same thing will happen with your new place. Just rest your mind ... you'll be moving in before you know it.

Smiles,
Lea

Patricia said...

You made 45 centers in a night! Wow! Isn't it amazing how productive you can be at night when you are the only one up?
I pray you the get the house the Lord wishes for you to be in. ;)
Patricia

The Stricklands said...

Sweet Patricia,
I think I worded my "center making" skills incorrectly! I have made that many over several weeks. I did do a lot of laminating and cutting out on Sunday night, but those silly things take a looooong time for me to make. Kiss your sweet girls for me!