
We got the exciting news this morning that our house has sold - REALLY sold - no contingency or anything else that might put the brakes on. We also found a house that we both love. We know that God led us to this house because it is much smaller than we originally wanted, in fact it is not at all what we were looking for at the beginning of this journey. We will have to make some major "life-change" decisions as we proceed in the next few weeks.
We will sell much of our furniture, then go through EVERYTHING else and sell or give away most of the smaller things we own. We are amazed at how freeing that sounds to us! I have always had a picture in my heart of my yellow cottage house with white trim and black shutters. This house doesn't look like that now, but in a few short months, it will be the house I have always dreamed of.
We will also be able to pay off this little house in 4 or 5 years - what a blessing to not owe anyone anything. I love how God always brings the two of us into agreement on the bigger decisions we make. I was almost afraid to tell my sweet husband that I wanted this little house, and he was almost afraid to tell me he wanted the same thing! I am married to a precious man :0)
We will have one dining area, one living area, a large beautiful kitchen, 3 smaller bedrooms and 2 smaller bathrooms - everything we need and nothing we don't. Now, pray that the sellers think our offer is as wonderful as we do!
Once we finalize everything, I will post the "before" pictures of the new house. Here is a parting picture of the current house. I am praying that it will be such a blessing to the new owners.
5 comments:
I just found your site yesterday and I had to visit again today. Isn't God awesome?! I pray the purchase of your new house goes through without a hitch and that your family is blessed abundantly in your new home.
Hi Jud! I am so glad that you stopped by. I was blessed by your blog this afternoon - so sorry about your car. I don't like to spend money on cars, mattresses, etc.. Thank you for your kind comments. I will keep you posted on how the house sale goes :0)
Oh Mary, I am so happy for you. How wonderful to see God just working everything out and bringing you the desire of your heart.
I am so excited about your little cottage. It sounds just delightful. I'm looking forward to sharing your adventure.
Are the children excited too?
Blessings,
Lea
Awesome! Wonderful news! How exciting this must be for you. I know EXACTLY what you mean about a smaller house and less stuff sounds so freeing. I am looking forward to hearing how everything goes.
Congratulations!
I am so happy for you Mary ! What a blessing for you and your family. Just waiting for pictures of your little yellow cottage : )
We felt so good when we moved from our big home in California to our tiny yellow cottage in Oregon and better yet when we came to Texas to our once again, yellow cottage.
Going smaller, having less was so freeing
Post a Comment