


Glorious isn't even close to describing the day we are having! Finally the weather is beautiful, and the wind isn't blowing - yet :) Randy opened the 4 big boxes that hold the parts to the new super-duper SKY FORT that will soon fill up our vacant backyard. Of course, the little ones have had more fun with the boxes! Mason has used about 2 rolls of tape to make a house, and Molly and Madelyn have decorated it with stickers. It is beautiful!!!
We have filled more than half of our square foot garden boxes with soil, seedlings and seeds. Now we wait! There is such joy to look out the kitchen window and see our garden in the beginning stages. Many of the seeds we planted are things we haven't ever grown before. This will definitely be a season of learning for all of us.
Because of our beautiful weather and the new boxes, we had homeschool outdoors today. We planted, drew pictures, got very dirty and had a wonderful time together. And the morning isn't even over yet :)
5 comments:
Mary, I just love that first photo! Oh the joy of a cardboard box.
Your garden boxes look lovely. What a wonderful experience that will be for the children to grow their own food.
Are you using Mel's mix? I did and found that I needed to add nutrients because the compost I purchased didn't have enough. Next year, I hope to have my own homemade compost and I'll know exactly what's in it.
Enjoy your beautiful day!
Blessings, Lea
Your garden looks wonderful. I am glad the children are enjoying the box. That is true with most children.
Your plants look fantastic and of course the kidlets are having great fun! I can't wait to see pics of them once the outdoor adventures begin on the new playground fort.
How fun this looks~
I'm planning on calling you in a few weeks, I hope that's okay? We're finally closing on a house and preparing to move (unless something unforeseen happens)
Red alert! Don't try my french bread recipe until you re-read the recipe. I edited it because I forgot to add the additional cooking time after rotating the pans--sorry!
Post a Comment