

...and isn't he precious!! Last night I was looking on Craigslist for a new piece of furniture for the girl's room. I "happened" to click on the pet section and saw this face. Instant love ! We drove to the animal shelter almost an hour away this morning to get this little guy, and the best part was that the three little ones didn't have a clue what we were doing. I wish I had taken my video camera to capture the looks on their faces when they realized we were taking a new dog home - priceless! He is 7 months old and so, so sweet.
We immediately went to Petsmart and bought Scruffy a new crate, water and food bowls, tag, collar, leash, chew bones, and a few toys. As we were leaving the store, I was trying to carry all of those things, hold the dog leash, and make sure that all three children were safe. Somehow, I got the dog leash tangled around my ankles and did a very "graceful" fall in the parking lot. We managed to catch the dog, pick up all of his loot, and I hobbled to the car with many scrapes and a big knot on one knee. I again wished I had my video camera as Mason later mimicked my catastrophe to Randy. Boys!!!!
We are in love and looking forward to many happy Scruffy years.
11 comments:
That is THE cutest dog! LOL Too bad y'all bought a crate. I think we have one y'all could've had.
What are you looking for the M&M's room? Maybe Austin's CL has it.
What a sweet little face! 7 months is the perfect age to bring him not a new family too. I am sorry you fell--that hurts SO much on pavement. I'll bet your little ones are so happy and busy right now with their new little guy to take care of :-)
Oh I'm so happy for you! The children are going to enjoy him so much. He is a darling!
Smiles,
Lea
Well I bet they were surprised! I guess that means you are settled in for a while since you bought a dog....;)Love the anme scruffy... lol
Patricia
What a cutie! A perfect addition for your new home (which is adorable!). I love Molly, Madelyn, and Mason's self-portraits. Can you tell it's been a while since I visited your blog site?!
He is SOOO cute! Almost as cute as my emma who you can see at http://www.xanga.com/emmashuman
Just found your blog through Sandra/Tx. What a darling dog! Do you have a post on your China adoptions? Hubby and I hope to do this one day - have been wanting to for a while, but we are praying for God's timing.
He is so cute. I bet your little ones are thrilled with him.
Are you feeling settled?
We found a little guy just as cute as your new family member on Craigs about a year and a half ago and he is the PERFECT dog! I hope your little guy turns out to be just as perfect. :)
Hey, Lee. I know you're gone this weekend and moving this coming week, but I've tagged you anyway. Hope you don't mind and will still play along. :-)
What a sweet addition to your family. I just popped over from Sandra's blog when I found out she had a sister that blogs! I'll bookmark you and be back to visit more later.
Post a Comment