Sunday, September 27, 2009

Little Dresses for Africa and More!





When we meet with the Maxwells in Tennessee next month to talk about African missions, I want to give them something for the children in Mozambique. I found an amazing website that has a simple, simple pattern for making dresses out of pillowcases. I spent a dollar at the thrift store, pulled out my boxes of elastic and trims, sewed for 45 minutes, and.......made 2 precious little dresses! And don't you just love my two little models :) I will hopefully be able to make 10 more dresses before our trip.

Mason's sweater is growing (slowly), and I now know that I LOVE wool yarn - sigh.... I also won (bought) 10 skeins of sari and wool yarn on Ebay. It came in the mail yesterday, and I am in love again - sigh... It is made with end pieces of Indian sari silk woven with soft wool. Don't tell anyone, but I am making bags with the sari yarn to give at Christmas to two grown girls I love very much. Missy and Nana, pretend you didn't read that!

Mason was a little disappointed that I didn't have a dress for him to model, so I took a picture of him with the sweatiest, smelliest hair ever - lol!!! Be glad that this blog doesn't have a "smell" feature :) After a week of fall weather, our weekend temps have been in the 90's. Tomorrow fall will return again, and we hope it decides to stay for awhile.

Have a blessed week sweet friends and family!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh I love it! You could make a ton of these dresses to take with you! How are Masons hearding aids going??
Patricia

Emily Suzanne said...

Those dresses are adorable! And the kids are so cute also... can't believe how big they're getting! How is homeschooling going? Why did you decide it was time to put Mason in school, if you don't mind me asking? I'm so curious about all things school related b/c of Zayne being in prek