



We are having the most glorious August with sunny days and rainy nights. I haven't had to water our grass or garden for days. Gotta love it! We are enjoying our precious last few days of summer just relaxing, knitting, reading and cleaning out closets for the fall. The little ones have rediscovered the "dress-up" box, and have put on several fabulous productions (all of them about beautiful princesses in distress).
Our wonderful garden is giving us tasty veggies for dinner every day. I thought I would have enough cucumbers to make several jars of pickles, but Mason and I keep eating them all! He starts public school in just 13 days :( He is excited, and I now have a peace about sending him off for a few months to try the new hearing aids. We have heard wonderful, wonderful things about his new teacher, and we are expecting a great school year!
Our family is entering a new season as well. Randy and I have known for a long time that we might do long-term mission work in the future. We always assumed it would be in China because of Mason, Molly and Madelyn and our love for the Chinese people. God has changed our focus recently to Africa, and He seems to be opening doors for a work there maybe in the next year or two. Please be praying for us to hear His voice clearly, and for us not to stand in the way of a great work He has planned for our family. We will keep you posted!
I finished Madelyn's shawl this week, and she will hardly take it off (even when it is 100 degrees outside) - lol! I have started Molly's and should finish it in the next day or two. Molly has developed such a love for reading the Bible we bought her for her birthday. It makes my heart sing to walk by her room and find her reading and signing God's Word to Madelyn and Mason. What a destiny God has for this precious one.
New seasons come with great expectations. I pray that God is revealing a new season to each of you!
2 comments:
Good morning Mary,
It made my heart sing this morning to read all the wonderful happenings in your family.
The girls are beautiful in their dress up clothes. Isn't it magical? And so glad to hear that your heart is peaceful about Mason's new adventure and his hearing aids.
Know that I will be joining you in praying about your journey into foreign missions. Your heart for people shines through your words, and if the Lord has called you to serve in Africa, then I know those people you will serve are fortunate indeed.
With love & care
How exciting to hear you may be going to Africa! We have several friends serving there.
Your shawls sound wonderful and I don't blame the girls for wanting to wear them all the time--I would too!
I am glad to hear your new teacher has a good reputation and I am sure Mason will have the time of his life. My younger daughter had never been to school until she started 6th grade last year at the little private school in town. This mama was nervous! But it turned out O.K. and she is headed back this year and very excited about it.
Post a Comment