

I have resigned myself to the fact that this week is going to be "action-packed." Dentist appointments, extra church activities, dinners and more are throwing our fairly simple life into overdrive. As long as there is an end in sight, I can handle a few chaotic days :)
This morning I was rushing around trying to get my early morning walk, quiet time, breakfast, showers, housecleaning, floor mopping, etc. done before we left for Madelyn's latest dentist appointment across town. Just as I finished mopping the last floor, Molly came running through the house screaming that Scruffy (the world's most mischievious dog!) was caught on the garden's chain link gate. He tried (again) to get under the gate so that he could visit the dog next door. This time he got his collar caught on a ragged edge of the gate and was choking. We all rushed out into the muddy yard and finally got him untangled. He is fine, but I can't say the same for my newly mopped floors. Scruffy managed to track mud back into every room before I was able to catch him and wash his little doggie feet. It's a good thing that he is such a cutie!
Tonight the girls dressed up in their finest princess attire and Mason donned his fabulous Spiderman outfit. They played "the 2 princesses and the super hero" until bedtime. How I love watching them play together. I am simply overwhelmed when I think of how blessed our family is to have three precious China sweeties.
So today we had Molly, the dog-saving superhero; Madelyn, the very brave-at-the-dentist superhero; and Mason, the cutest 7 year boy in the world superhero. Not bad for a crazy Monday!
7 comments:
I don't know how it's possible that I'm already so homesick again! Just looking at this pictures makes me want to see you all so badly! I'm so glad I got to spend a little bit of time with you guys this weekend, but like always it wasn't enough! Give everyone a huge hug for me! I love you, Mom!!
I have fallen love with your blog and love seeing the pictures and reading about your days! It sounds so wonderful! Hope to get to see everyone at mom's day again this year and maybe get to talk to you a little more! Your family is precious! Nancy Mankin
Oh Scruffy you trouble maker! We have friends with almost the exact same looking dog and they keep him shaved just for that very reason :-)
Your 3 cuties make me smile everytime I see them!
Sounds like such a precious day to me, Mary. I don't think there is any sound more beautiful than the sounds of our children laughing and playing together. It brings me joy like nothing else does.
Life has been especially hectic around here lately too. Seems we've been running everyday. And the chickens are giving us fits. I have found myself just setting aside the schedule and making do ~ realizing that it is enough. I know you already know that but wanted you to know that I understand. (In fact, I have little puppy footprints in my kitchen right now. He snuck in right behind me, the rascal, right after a downpour! My first chore tomorrow is to clean the floor ... again!)
I just read your precious daughter's comment and she just made my eyes fill with tears. What a precious girl she is!
Hugs,
Lea
Mary, I really enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with you guys! Such an inspiration for me :)
I'm planning on homeschooling ZJ in the fall and was wondering if you have any advice about curriculum? What do you do? I love how you go with themes, so it doesn't seem like you're too restrictive, which I like because I'm all about learning through experience and environment... anyway, i would appreciate any advice you have to give!!
Well I'd love to go get coffee if I could! We now live in San Antonio... do you think there's another way that's convenient to chat about it? Phone? Email?
I would LOVE to just get any wisdom you have to offer!
I also have a big question (one that I'm really trying to figure out lately): How do you keep organized and a clean house and crafty and involved socially... basically, how do you keep it all together?
Cute, cute, cute. Those three always take the best pics. And that dog is just too adorable!
Post a Comment