Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Time!






We are not a Halloween family, but we do love pumpkins! This year we have a large assortment of pumpkins in different sizes that we grew in our garden. Mason picked a pumpkin that was so tough-skinned that we could not cut it. Randy finally had to get his power tools out to even get the top off - lol! I can honestly say that in 30 years of marriage, I have never had pumpkin dust all over the kitchen before :) Finally, all three were carved, scooped out, seeds cleaned and cooked, and the kitchen returned to normal. Mason, Molly and Madelyn are almost as excited about pumpkin carving night as they are about Christmas. Tonight we are painting pumpkins - more pictures to follow!

4 comments:

Marci said...

I wonder what made that one pumpkin so hard? Do you save the seeds and roast them? Looks like you had loads of fun. You are blessed.

Patricia said...

This is serious pumpkin carving. lol
Patricia

Emily Suzanne said...

this is so fun! We went to the pumpkin patch today and had a blast!
Thanks for talking to me yesterday... I'm so excited to start homeschooling.

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

Power tools to cut into a pumpkin? I laughed so hard when I read that!

I have missed reading what you are all up to and look forward to catching up!

How are the wedding plans going?