


I know the big wedding is 294 days away (sigh), but Missy and I are working hard on some of the big projects this summer so that the weeks before the big day will be stress-free. I have finished all of the boutonnieres, corsages, and bouquets. Missy has almost finished her part of making the wedding favors, and I have started on the hostess gifts.
I just need to make 1 gift a day for the month of June so that I can be finished with that project and start working on Missy and Dan's wedding quilt in July. I need to finish the quilt in July so that I can work on homeschooling planning in August. I need to finish planning and start schooling in mid-August so that we can take a 2 week trip to New York City in September. When we get home, I am making 8 bridesmaid dresses and the flower girl dresses. Oh boy! I better stay with the plan!
Our garden is growing, and the little ones still love to spend time there looking for bugs and new baby vegetables. The swimming pool and playground are busy places everyday, and we are so thankful for both! The summer reading program started at our library last week, and Molly and Mason are competing with each other to read the most books. Madelyn is just her regular laid-back self and could care less about the library prizes :) She just loves to be held and read to.
My precious Molly Anne will be 7 years old next week! I don't know whether to be excited or to cry because she is growing up so fast. We are hoping our sweet Matt can home next week for the family party. We miss that boy!
Here are pictures of the hostess gifts I am making. I have 20 cut out and ready to sew and a couple actually finished and ready to give away. Aprons anyone?
3 comments:
Hey, Mary. Only by God am I here! Accidentally found Kristin's blog & have been looking at the girl's blogs for the past couple of hours. Amanda freaks out about this happening. Something about privacy & world's colliding! Seriously, we aren't even friends on facebook! I found Suzanne's blog, then yours.
Amanda told me yesterday or the day before that you were making their dresses. And now I see the pattern. Like I said a God thing....It is such a cute dress & the material for each is great. How exciting.
You were talking about Molly getting ready to turn 7, our babies can't be old enough to get married, can they? Just 4 short years ago, in a house close by, we took a quiz on who would be the 1st to marry. I think Missy won, hands down! Wonder if Suzanne still has those....?
I, too, have a blog. I started it back in November. Long story as to why. I'm at:
http://baylormum.blogspot.com
If you need any help please let me know. I got laid off in November & right now pharmacies aren't hiring.
I DO still have the results of our little questions from 4 years ago. Hope I don't loose them in the move!
Mary this just reminded me I don't even know if I told you I would love to help with a shower for Missy...my life has been so crazy for the last few months. If you need me I would love it, if not I will just come and enjoy. I am so excited for Missy, she is just like one of my own kids.
I am praying for mucho energy young lady...you are stinkin' awesome!
Oh this reminds me of my wedding. My mother in law and I did everything ourselves because my husband to be and I had just bought a house and property--we were broke! To complicate things my mother in law doesn't speak English...
Your aprons are wonderful, what a great idea! It is fun watching someone else plan a big wedding--can't wait to see what else you are doing.
Post a Comment