


When we moved into our current house in October, all of the older wood windows were painted shut and in disrepair - yuck! We bit the bullet and ordered new windows that were installed around Christmas. Now that Spring is here, we are finally enjoying the investment spent on our new windows. Every morning, I open almost every window and love the fresh air and the sounds of birds singing outside. We don't use our air conditioner except at night, and our last electric bill was 1/6 of what our bills were in our last home. I love that!
Our garden is in a side yard right outside my kitchen window. What a joy to look outside and see everything growing! We built "square foot" beds and purchased lots and lots of vermiculite, peat moss and compost. This soil mix has proven to be worth its weight in gold :) Almost every seed that we planted has sprouted. We also have a compost tumbler that we love. What used to go down the disposal, now goes into the composter.
My next project is to help Randy install a clothesline in the backyard. I loved watching my grandmother hang her sheets out on her line when I was a little girl. I am hoping that it is just as much fun to hang my own :) Any ideas on how to make an inexpensive and durable clothesline?
Have a blessed week and a wonderful holiday weekend! We are off to see my sweet parents for a few days.
1 comment:
Oh, I love what you are doing with your yard, house and garden!!!! The Amish around here swear by the wire clothes lines. Here is a link to them at Lehmans. If you decide to buy through them, please go through the link on my blog. :)
I can show you the uprights they put up for the lady with 6 children that used to live in the apartment here. Just email me and I will send you a picture.
Post a Comment