Sunday, April 6, 2008

Home Again






We had such a great weekend seeing our Missy girl and meeting more of her sweet friends! It was a quick trip - we left at 6 yesterday morning and were home by 3 this afternoon. Randy and I treasure the close relationships we have with our children and love to spend time with each of them. We are richly blessed.


One of the funniest things that happened over the weekend was Mason's discovery of a sewer cover next to Missy's house. His eyes lit up, and he began signing "Ninja Turtles!!!!!" He and the girls then tried to pry the cover off so that they could see the turtles in person. Needless to say, the cover was too heavy to lift, so they started shoving leaves and grass down the little holes in the cover - I suppose so that the turtles would have some lunch.


We packed a lot into our short trip - lunch, croquet, ice cream, a fun playground, dinner, coffee, and breakfast. Obviously, we didn't starve! Randy and I are ready for a good night's sleep. Our little ones LOVE to stay at hotels. They were so excited last night that they didn't sleep well - and neither did we. We haven't slept on such hard mattresses since our 3 adoption trips to China. :0)


We came home and worked in the yard until dark. I got the front flower bed and 7 big pots for our patios planted. The chairs in the front of the house have new cushion covers, and Randy mowed and watered the yard. Now we are dirty and tired.


Tomorrow starts another day of remodeling, home schooling, and laundry. Life is full, and I love it that way.

No comments: