Yes - we are still here! My Missy has graduated from college and moved home (with my new computer). She will be with us until her wedding in March - such a blessing! Michael flew in from New York last week, and we have LOVED having him home again. We had not seen him in 10 months. Way toooooooo long. Matthew drove in from Dallas on Christmas Eve just ahead of a major snow and ice storm. And so we are a complete family for the first time in a year!!!
Mason, Molly and Madelyn absolutely adore their older brothers and sister. Christmas came in second place to siblings this year! We have decorated a gingerbread house and tree, made cookies for Santa, colored and painted and glued decorations, enjoyed the break from schooling, and just had fun.
We had a full house today for Christmas lunch. I am stuffed! The little ones have been playing with Christmas presents this afternoon while Randy and the older three went to a movie. The dishes have all been washed and put away, and we are resting and reflecting on another beautiful, snowy Christmas afternoon.
Enjoy the pictures! I promise that I will be posting at least twice a week from now on :)
4 comments:
Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I live in Manica province, about an hour outside of Chimoio. I am with SAM Ministries (www.samministries.org). If you are ever headed to my neck of the woods let me know! It would be great to meet you. Blessings as your prepare to head over to Moz!
Love the pics! I know Amanda had a ball seeing the 3 little M's (as well as the older 3 M's!). She said her fav moment was sending Mason out to find pine cones. She said since there isn't a sign for pine cone Missy showed him a pic & he was off! Sorry the hearing aids weren't working well for him. I pray that things happen as they should. Of course, it's never in our timeline!! Enjoy Missy. Can hardly wait to see Amanda. 13 days, but who's counting!
Much love & Happy New Year to the Strickland's. One & all!
How wonderful to have you back! It sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas with everybody home safe and sound.
So now rest a little, take a deep breath and get ready to plunge full board into wedding preparations!
I have a wedding cake booked for March 20, an elegant 3 tiered square cake with black ribbon, buttercream dots and fresh flowers. The couple was so cute when they came to pick out the cake with me. I hope you all are having just as much fun with the planning :-)
Did you get new pictures of all of them together??
Post a Comment